cjb762
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Originally Posted by cjb762
I am apparently exactly like you when it comes to patience - it drives me crazy to wait for some ass-hat to back OUT OF a space when they could have BACKED into it like a normal human being in seconds. Most of them can manage to do it in 30-45 seconds with two tries, but I have personally observed one jackass work at it for two minutes - and he was still parked over one of the lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
FTFY. Plus far lower chance of damage to another car
I have never seen anyone who could back into a small spot faster than a wide roadway. I don't agree that there is a "far lower chance of damage to another car" either. Plus, any time it might save you to pull forward out of the spot after backing in is negligible. 5-10 seconds tops - unless you really suck at backing up into the roadway, in which case it probably took you 5 minutes to back into the spot, so...

As far as "combat parking" goes - I'm sure there are genuinely people who need to be able to make an emergency type get away after picking up their low fat triple mocha lattes, but I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people who do it aren't that cool.

For those of you who do regularly back into spots, are you also the ones who pull through angled spots to be facing the wrong way in a one way lane?

Last edited by cjb762; 01-15-2018 at 01:18 AM..
Appreciate 0