View Single Post
      11-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #5
vespa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Thanks for the feedback cahme! I hadn't noticed the bolt-count error but in looking at my pics above I see that my car also has 26 bolts. It's pretty strange the way they designed it to take 28 bolts, thought they could get away with 24, then settled on 26.

Good to know it can be done without the windshield wiper shenanigans, at least on a E90. Maybe the E92/E93 are the only models that require the cowl lift, or maybe I lifted it unnecessarily? But I found the same thing that you did -- it's really wedged in there between the fuel rail and the cowl -- and that's the reason I stressed in this writeup to just suck it up and get those things out of the way.

Were you able to get the fuel rail off without breaking those clips? I didn't have the right size crows-foot and hadn't yet decided to remove the intake manifold so I googled a pic of them to see how they latch and tried every possible combination of wiggling, sliding and pulling, only to end up breaking both of them. I wish I could afford to replace them, but luckily they still work fine. That's one of the reasons I suggest cleaning your valves first so that you can easily get the fuel rail off.

Where was your oil leak? I thought that was a N54 problem. Did you try just tightening the bolts first to attempt to fix it?
Appreciate 0