View Single Post
      07-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #1165
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbat View Post
I've been thinking about moving away from Zaino to Blackfire Wet Diamond sealer or the Opti-seal. I only have black cars in the family so I was wondering how the Dodo products layer on these? Should I just stay with the BF midnight Sun?

Also, do I need to keep both Dodo and BF waxes away from trim pieces?
If you have the Blackfire Midnight Sun already, I'd recommend topping that over the Wet Diamond. Dodo Juice waxes would be a nice option as well but no reason to buy a new wax if you already have a quality one. Be sure to let the sealant cure first before using the wax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc1880 View Post
I have a few minor scratches and swirl marks. I was wondering if I can use Scratch X2.0 along with Klasse AOI and Klasse SG. So wash, dry, clay, Scratch X, AOI and then SG. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Other info:
Car color Sparkling Graphite
Not garaged
Car is driven daily
Working by hand (don't have experience in detailing in general)
The process you have looks fine, but depending on how deep your imperfections are ScratchX may not be aggressive enough to give you the results you are looking for. If you need to move up from there and you are applying it by hand, then I'd look into Meguiar's M105 / M205 combo for maximum results. Then follow up with the Klasse Twins for your protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdbiendog View Post
Hi George,
I have a quick question for you. I washed my girlfriends car today (first time for me) and noticed there were a couple small rock chips down to the metal just above the windshield. Both of them had begun oxidizing, and it looked to me as though the oxidation had possibly spread underneath the surrounding paint (maybe a millimeter beyond the chip). Is this something that can be repaired with touch up paint? If so, how would I go about prepping the area? I read a few posts that mentioned putting sand paper on the tip of a pencil eraser, but I'm not sure if I trust myself yet to sand away that much paint. Thanks
~Ryan
Your going to want to clean and fill those chips in to prevent it from spreading further. Using some touch up would do the trick, but to properly prep the surface, you'll want to clean it up with some fine grade sand paper. Gluing it onto the eraser of a pencil is a pretty good idea since you can get some very accurate sanding. Use a hole punch to get the right size on the sand paper and super glue it onto the eraser.

After sanding, you'll want to mix up your touch up paint, apply, let cure, then sand down to an even level and polish away the wet sanding marks. That's the process in a nutshell.

If you have any other questions on anything, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Good luck, keep us posted on how things turn out for you.
Appreciate 0