08-03-2016, 11:50 PM   #17
nick380
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Duck View Post
Hey guys, informative thread.

I am doing something along the lines of this however I need a little insight on the following, hopefully someone on here can assist me.

When wiring the clutch switch module (which I am not running)

There are two wires that go to the CAS one to the DME, one that tells the DME the clutch is slightly depressed, and one that tells the DME/CAS when it is full depressed.

I am curious to know which is which, I have attached the diagram.
From my research, the clutch module has 12v in, ground, 1.5-2.5v out for the clutch slightly depressed (tells the DME when to cancel cruise etc) and then 12v out which goes to the CAS to tell it when the clutch is fully depressed for starting the car.

I just need to know which of the wires going to the CAS I am supposed to feed 12v to start the car (either pin 3 or pin 41)

Does anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks in advance.
If I recall correctly pin 41 did not have a wire in my CAS module connector. So I'm assuming it's that one. Pin 3 on the other-hand had a wire already going to it, so I just spliced into that for the clutchswitch module. I ended up not getting it to work, so I jumped the pin 3 and 41 on the Cas module and now it starts no problem. Just no cruise control, haven't gotten around to fixing that, but with the connector part number I may have another go at it. Currently replacing valvecover and some other things, so I've been busy. I'll be updating this thread and on N54tech this week with all the information and more pictures. I apologize for letting this thread die lmao.

335i Manual Swap Project http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1207505
Appreciate 0