MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_solid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_thirty_I View Post
I already know how different the ride is going from RFTs to non-RFTs, so will eventually do that, but haven't really hated the ride with the RFTs on my 17" sets (both the standard set as in the pics and my style 188 narrow and wide set).

It's the first I hear of different ride heights left to right, especially in front, and it would make sense in my case if the right front or right in general was slightly higher since that's the driver side. Like I've said already, have had this car since mid 2010 and when looking back at pics taken through the years, ride height has always been the same, like the before pic in my original post, and never noticed an odd difference in left to right ride height. As for the measurements that I took when I spotted the 5mm difference, only thing I can think is that the suspension didn't settle back up after I had moved the car, I'm not a particularly heavy guy (88kg), so could just be the old shocks.

Yes, all four corners were replaced - struts and shocks. Thankfully my upper mounts were still in good shape, and should continue to be fine for many years to come, but if I ever need to replace, will definitely still consider Lemforder.
The reason the front left is 10-13mm higher than front right is because in Germany, the drivers side is on the left hence which is why they set the front left higher than the front right. But, they did not, not knowing why, swap this set-up for right hand drive cars. Hence, for all countries with right hand drive cars, all E9x owners have the front left raised all the time when driving alone!

The reason they raised the front left is mainly for when driving alone as maybe they thought most cars are driven alone. Hence, when the driver is sitting on the front left, it will be almost level to the front right.

I am not sure if the front left and rear left should be at the same height but from what I have seen on these forums, it is only the front left that has a raised setting.
The front ride heights should be the same left to right.
Appreciate 0