View Single Post
      10-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
robbie99
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F36 420d Gran Coupé M Sport

Arrow Alpine Hifi upgrade

Well guys, having been inspired by Gizze's blaupunkt thread and my general disappointment with the standard stereo I decided to treat myself to an upgrade and ordered the Alpine Hifi retrofit kit. I've finished installing and I thought I could share with you what you get...

This is what I ordered... Alpine Hifi retrofit kit part number 65410445684

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...94&hg=65&fg=95

Also required were the corner mouldings to house the tweeters - part numbers 51337184197 and 51337184198 for the E92.

Total cost to me was €330 which included a 10% discount after I enquired about if a trade discount would be possible seeing as I was so good at having the part numbers on hand!

The kit took 2 days to arrive to my local Dublin dealership. No install instructions were included and I when I asked for them I was told that BMW don't give them out, it's expected that BMW fit the kit and go talk to the service department to get a quote for fitting. Well I said thanks but I'll go figure it out myself. Anyway, I found a copy of the install instructions by googling. Two weeks later (today!) the parts guys were finally able to get me a printout.

I expected the kit to be only the amp and a pair of tweeters (and cabling) but I was surprised to find a pair of Alpine midrange speakers as well.

Here's what I got...

The Install Instructions. Very important this. The big difference between the Alpine upgrade and the blaupunkt upgrades that many are doing is that the amp gets it input and outputs directly to the speaker cables under the door sill rather than having to run a cable to behind the headunit. Also, each subwoofer gets a dedicated channel from the amp.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Alpine_install_instructions.pdf (1.52 MB, 36538 views)

Last edited by robbie99; 11-01-2008 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: adding pictures as attachments
Appreciate 0