OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser_soze
Shiv,
Impressive indeed. I like this car and platfrom alot. 2 Quick questions and sorry for not searching for them before asking them here:

1. What size are the stock injectors (flow cc/min w/stock FPR)? What is your IDC @ the max HP you acheived? I am curious what is the max HP the stock injectors can supply (I know it depends on fuel used as well) before running out of fuel. What/Where is the aftermaket as far as larger injectors? I am pretty sure this is direct injected into the cylinder; hence I wonder the availability of aftermarket injectors.

2. Max flow rate of the each one of the stock turbochargers (lb/min)? Again I understand this depends on the effciency as well. So not sure if compressor efficiency map is available or better turbine flow rate as well.

Thanks
Hi there-- With BMW's direct injection system, fuel pressure varies from several hundred psi to a few thousand psi. So, as you can imagine, a static pressure fuel flow test on the standard injector wont give us too much useful information. However, our testing has shown that there is more than enough fuel supply at the power levels we're achieving right now. Is there enough for 400whp? I don't know.. we'll see when we get there. If there isn't, we'll work on a solution. At this time, swapping out the standard DI injector for higher flowing units may not be an option. Can't exactly call up RC Engineering and order a set, now can we

As for turbo flow rates/compressor maps, this info is going to be held by BMW and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries alone. I'd be surprised if they ever make their way to the public. We can certainly make estimates based upon power data, charge temps, backpressure levels, etc, but that is all they are going to be... estimates. Besides, compressor and turbine maps are there to give a designer a better idea of what turbo best fits the application he is working on. With the 335i, what we get is what we get. All we can do is keep stepping it up and note when we start to witness hardware limitations. So far, we've not stumpled upon any. But I'm sure we will eventually. And then the real fun begins!

Cheers,
shiv
Vishnu Performance Systems
Appreciate 0