Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin's Bane View Post
Hi guys.

I am looking to trade my car in, and was wanting to hear your thoughts on what I wanted to purchase...

Firstly, I won't wait for the E92 M-Sport kit... two guys at Trivett said they were 12 months away, due to the huge demand for the existing E92. :mad:

I was thinking of a Sapphire Black E92 325i with the works... I think it comes to around $110K. Plus, I was planning to have the aero kit installed (sans rear spoiler) with 18" 193M wheels from the accessories department. The sales guy quoted a vehicle delivery date of October though... :mad: (or November if I am looking for a 335i). I was at Trivett Classic on Friday and saw a few cars, but nothing with all the options I wanted. So I will have to order. So... what do you guys reckon? I haven't seen a car with that combination yet, and if anyone had any pics that would be great.

BTW, the guy I spoke to mentioned that the new M3 will be $185K!! They said this was to maintain exclusivity... Damn, if this is true, with all options and ORC's etc. we are looking at a $200K+ car!
Nice choice on the E92 325i, but $110k is just way to much! I suggest shopping around and checking out a few other dealerships and doing the aggressive haggle. IMO 18" is just not quite big enough for the E92, you've gotta get 19"s on it. Also there is no waiting list on the E92 325i coupes you should be able to find one relatively similar to what your after in stock somewhere in sydney.
As for the tool trying to give you M3 pricing, he has no idea and BMW Aus has reiterated that it will be priced on par with the outgoing M3, which means around $165-170 drive away depending on options etc. His probably just testing the water to see if he can make a few more thousand out of you. I'm pretty sure BMW realise that hitting the $200k-ish mark will push a lot more people into the Porsche camp and would want to steer well clear of that.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0