Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterh View Post
I wrote some short review on google.
the sales guy called back (not the owner I called)
He apologized by saying he realized auction paper said Mileage Unknown and he should've told me about it.

he is saying the owner is blaming him for not disclosing the info. He offered me his commission which was $250 facepalm.

I told him I don't want to have his commission and I just want to deal with the owner.
He kept asking what $ number I was thinking but I told him just speak with the owner and get back to me.

I don't know if he is playing some Tactic here. 'hey I am just a salesman, I don't want to get in trouble with the owner. help me out. I will give up my commission'
I personally would not settle for anything less than $1,000 cash (Depreciation between 71k vs 93k) plus having the tamper light repaired by your local BMW service center. Anything less than that then continue to raise hell. That is more than fair for their mistake. Keep in mind they will not loss money on this car with that deal, they will just break even. Then again any idiot who bought a "Mileage unknown" car from auction probably overpaid.
Appreciate 0