View Single Post
      08-26-2018, 06:09 PM   #126
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

UPDATE: Solved Turned out to be BOTH bearings on the driver's side.

I hit a massive pothole, had vibrations/humming throughout the cabin and in the pedal feel afterwards. Here were the steps it took...

1. Had my underhood shield and Rod replaced. Shield was torn and flapping, rod was bent. "Vibration"

2. Replaced blown rim and tire, and had all the other wheels re-balanced. "Vibration"

3. Replaced driver side rear wheel bearing... Still felt vibration/humming at speeds over 63mph, but it was slightly different; more vibration from the front now. S

4. Shop said that I probably messed up both bearings on the driver's side, so I should replace the front too. Also, my front driver side tension strut was damaged, so he suggested I upgrade to M3/TRW tension struts..

5. Replaced driver side BMW Wheel Hub Assembly Front . Upgraded to M3 tension struts on both sides, and got an alignment...... The vibration is gone!

The car doesn't feel as smooth as I remember, but after driving around with that vibration, this is so much better. I think my front wheels may be damaged or not straight, so that'll be the next thing to tackle. But for now I'm happy that replacing BOTH wheel bearings got rid of that vibration.