View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 06:12 PM   #23
bryanp
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Just wanted to thank you for your timely postings. I just ordered all my parts this weekend and then ran across this thread. You've had some helpful tips on what to expect.

Are you saying that the 12v from the head unit for the camera is always on? I was hoping it was switched by the head unit when the camera display is enabled. My plan was to run a line to the trunk lid from that wire and do two relays in an OR configuration to get reverse lights to trigger automatically and to also be able to manually turn on from the head unit. My initial idea was a diode on the camera's lead to that wire, but I was uncertain if the voltage drop would under power the camera. I didn't want to risk sending power in to the N7 Pro. I have a manual without PDC, so any thoughts of a reverse signal from the bus is moot.

What did you do for the mic? I saw a mention in one thread that the factory mic has a plug behind the glove box and they wired a head unit to it. I'm not too keen on fishing a wire through the headliner.

After 8+ years of having a factory radio display that doesn't work above 40 degrees, I'm looking forward to being able to see what station I have on. I'm happy I stumbled upon the Dynavin units. Between how the radio integrates with other electronics in the car and the L7 setup, I thought I was out of luck with aftermarket replacements.
Appreciate 0