View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 08:32 AM   #28
activereality
Newb to BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe (E92)

Garage List
Well, got the splitters installed, then got the screws for the unit snugged up and the unit is completely installified!!

Everything works amazingly well! Sound quality is great (there are a couple of EQ presets - I might play with it later on, but great for now). The unit is fast and very responsive as well. Touches are met with an immediate response - and sound (which can be turned up/down/off). Settings and interface are pretty intuitive, especially after you get used to the methodology of using the unit. Already got a custom load image on it as well !

Install was actually very smooth and the Assistance from Jeff and Crew over at J&T has been excellent! This really is a plug and play unit! The only 'required' wiring is to a 12 VDC power source. Other than that, the J&T crew send you everything you need to jump in the vehicle take out a few things, then toss in the new unit (with minor modification of the AC controls).

It looks great, works great, and is an awesome addition to my 335i!

Quick update on back up camera as well: Camera is installed with _Only_ the video connection to the HU. I have the Camera is powered by a relay that activates when in reverse. Picture is nice and clear, and the N& PDC incorporation is awesome! Shows the angle of the tires and everything!

Really happy with the unit, the install, and all of the help in getting this running!!

I'll have an update to the post with some pictures of the install steps next week. Some of them will be simulated - as i just didn't take a pic while actually doing the work haha.

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0