activereality
Newb to BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe (E92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
Those "scotchlok" (3M's brand name for the real ones) type of electrical connectors are nothing but trouble....especially the cheap knock-offs found online and at discount auto parts stores. I get at least a call a week from someone who's camera is not working, we go around and around troubleshooting, and its always a bad connection using a knock-off scotchlok. Don't use them.

Solder if you have the right tools, materials, and skills, or crimp connectors if you don't. Either will save you lots of time in the long run over a temperamental scotchlok.
Hmm, I like the crimping it into a pin (create a conector to combine them into one pin- then the single line/dual line out- depending on how you want to do it). Makes it much more 'plug and play' and easier to service if removal is needed.

Now to look into the connector types, and find one with a jumper, or create a jumper. I love it!

Next up: Rear Breaks, replace some worn internal trim panels, USB retro-fit for Carplay and Media connection to N7, then onto the engine!!
Appreciate 0