09-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #25
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
Matt - they are good cars in their own right. Don't fall for the "poor man's 911" or any of that cack.

911s are superb but fundamentally flawed with their design - sure Porsche have worked miracles but still can't 100% defeat basic physics. The Boxster was designed with the engine in the right place from the start. I should think a Boxster with 911T power would be an absolute weapon of the highest order.

I'm a bigger fan of the Cayman but they do look a wee bit cramped and claustrophobic.
Don't worry, I don't subsribe to any such garbage about Boxsters being anything other than what they are - they ARE a poor mans 911 if a 911 is what you wanted, but what do I want? A 345bhp Boxster!!!

I agree the Cayman holds more kudos, I am sure point to point they are faster too, but it seems obscure to me to pay MORE for a hardtop than a convertible, and in all fairness, I believe I am a good, competent driver thats ready to learn, but I expect the level of talent required to squeeze the extra performance out of the Cayman will always allude me.

I'd rather know that I can drop the top anytime its sunny, and have 99% of the pace, rather than have tiniest ability to corner quicker, and wish I had a drop top when it was sunny!

Matt
Appreciate 0