View Single Post
      09-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #18
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Just to clarify some things since I sold you the harness:
  • There are NO instructions included with the harness from Technic, if there had been, I would have included them.
  • Actually, the part you are holding is a 20Amp Inline Fuse Holder/Fuse - used for adding a fuse into a circuit. Now that I think about it, it has nothing to do with the harness, I must have got that mixed in with the harness when all my wiring items were in one box and figured it went with the harness - so you got that for free
  • There IS an Amp Input Mode selection Switch - in configuration I was planning on using, I would have set it to '4 CH' In this mode, with my hookup plan, the Amp CH5&6 (Subs) would have operated with the sum of CH1 & CH3 and CH2 & CH4 Input Signals respectively

Initial settings recommended by Technic were:

- all Gains @ minimum
- front high pass to 150Hz
- rear high pass to 150Hz
- underseat woofers low pass at 200Hz

and then adjust to taste.

To bridge with this amp (I was not going this route in my plan):

To bridge a Pr of channels on this amp you would use the 'Left +' and 'Right -' speaker connectors only (the 'Left -' & 'Right + remain unused). When bridged, each channel will then deliver optimum power into a 4ohm load.

When a Pr of channels are bridged, they will deliver 200W x1 into a 4ohm load or 150W x1 into an 8ohm load. Operating a Pr of bridged channels into a load lower than 4ohms is not recommended by JL.

Because a bridged Pr of channels requires that both channels receive input, you need to connect both left & right inputs to the source unit. Connection of only one input will result in reduced power output, increased distortion & can cause the amp to overheat - so don't do this!

When a Pr of the amps channels are operating in bridged mode, the output will be in Mono. This mono channel can contain 'Right Channel Only Info', 'Left Channel Only Info', or the sum of the info from both the right & left channels. To achieve one of these options, you would configure the inputs to that Pr of channels in one of these (2) ways:

1.Left Channel Only or Right Channel Only
Use a 'Y' adaptor to split the single channel signal into both left & right RCA inputs. This method would be useful when using a Pr of the amps channels to drive left channel speakers only & the other Pr to drive right channel speakers only

2.Left + Right Channel
When bridged & fed by a stereo input, a Pr of the amp's channels will automatically combine the Left & Right channels into a summed mono (left + right) channel. This option is useful when using a Pr of the amp's channels to drive a subwoofer system or a summed mono center channel.
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0