08-06-2021, 01:45 PM   #20
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
I think people are mixing oil sludge with oil staining. If it hasn't run THAT long it wouldn't have solidified the same. Water, mechanically, can do a lot. That is why I was saying to change the coolant repeatedly. Just putting water in and dumping it wont get it, its going to have to run through the system under pressure, at speed, to work. And no matter what you put in it its going to take that. Id be OK with something like the LiquiMoly in there, but its not going to work alone either.

Id fill and run the bleed cycle. Dump as much as you can, fill and run the bleed cycle. Do that like 5 times before turning the engine back on. after 5 times with water then put coolant back in.

Then maybe run it a little bit, like to let it get to temp and run the AC so the pump fires all up and really lets it move violently through the system. Then dump it again. Then repeat. Once you get it to a feeling of clean then probably open up the heater coil.

Chemistry is useful but you cant underestimate mechanical action.
This. Like I was saying, do multiple flushes so gets lots of distilled water. Very cheap from grocer. Although I would not actually run the engine until you flush at least two times with just distilled water + cooling system cleaner and the bleed procedure. Then you could run it for a bit, drive around, then flush approx 2 more times before filling with 75% coolant and 25% distilled water. You could go 50/50 too, not much difference unless you live somewhere where it frequently gets far below freezing.