04-10-2021, 09:03 PM   #20
donut_boi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessone View Post
9/20/19 : OE M-Sport Rear Bumper

For some reason, M-sport rear bumpers for wagons are VERY hard to come by. I've heard there are replicas, but I've never seen photos of one installed, so I decided to get an OE. It took a while, but I brought myself to stomach dropping 1/7th of the car's value on the bumper, brackets, diffuser and the thin piece of plastic above the diffuser BMW somehow charges $70 for. In the end, I'm happy I did because it really is a big improvement.

Attachment 2479796

Attachment 2479797

You can technically install the bumper with the regular bumper brackets, but it pushes out on it to the side and below the rear tail lights. You can see in the following photos where I cut away some plastic to help fit while I was waiting for the brackets to ship from Germany.

Attachment 2479798

Attachment 2479799

Attachment 2479800

And here's a comparison shot with the stock bumper.

Attachment 2479801

Those with a keen eye may notice the parking sensors on the stock bumper. That was actually an early retrofit I did with a cheap sensor set off of eBay that I color-matched myself. It worked great, but after spending so much on the bumper, I couldn't bring myself to drill holes in it.
Would you happen to have the part number for the left rear bumper support? I can get the right side part number from the pics. TIA!
Appreciate 0