03-06-2022, 04:16 PM   #62
WaltSid
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i 6spd m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
What values in "Perfect toolbox" did you use?

I tried these:
enter the following in the RPM boxes: 5600, 6000, 6200, 6500, 7000
enter the following in the Steps boxes: 5500, 4200, 3354, 0, 0
set the Warm State to: 7000

But motor seems to need to know stop position which is inverted because we use opposite (cruise control) plastic parts. So I think I need different settings, motors seems to be running randomly I guess because he does not find correct stop position?

Also dials from E60 does not fix exactly so that does not workout. Although I can loot motors from there and take the sticker which is on moving RPM. I paid small price.

How were you able to get past the motor running randomly?

I’m having a similar issue right now as well - I followed the steps to retrofit a motor from a donor 325i cluster cruise portion into my tachometer slot and used Perfekt Toolbox, however my variable rpm just spins counter clockwise both at startup and also curiously at shut down, eventually hitting the limiter and then changing direction after repeated ignition cycles.

I thought having it “zeroed” at start would have been sufficient (warn zone spun all the way clockwise and hidden prior to start) however the display never spins clockwise until it hits the limiter all the way around the cluster.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0