View Single Post
      02-08-2023, 10:21 PM   #1
ewrjontan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3 Porsche 987 Cayman

2010 E91: TPMS "inactive" warning.

Hello all, recently been having TPMS issues in my 2010 E91 (n52, x-drive, non-idrive). I've had the system inform me of low tire pressures before and ended up with a puncture on the front passenger tire. Replaced the tire and all was well until a few days ago.

I have been having the tpms light intermittently popping on and off. It would stay on for a little bit, then go away, then come back on, turn back off throughout my drives. Now it is finally staying on. I verified my tire pressures and all are well. I tried to reset the tpms however, when I click to the tpms reset menu in the gauge cluster, i hold the stalk button down to reset but it doesn't do anything. Above the reset text it just says "active".

Anyone else have this issue? I am assuming that at least one of my sensors batteries have died and the intermittent on and off was the sensor dying. Planning to run it to the tire shop this weekend but just wanted to get some verification if anyone else has experienced a similar issue. Had a bunch of lights pop on (and of course go away) when this first started. Brake, traction control, 4x4, etc and my tach and speedometer needles were jumping up and down. Not sure if related or not.

Ive seen a few posts regarding tpms warnings but no one seems to ever have a fix for them other than just deactivating tpms all together.

Thanks
Appreciate 0