09-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino2005 View Post
The 07 came with stiffer and low clearance 18” High Performance which need to be replaced with 17” rims and tires for Winter.
The 08 don’t offer that anymore, just wheels and seats, for a good reason I guess.
You hit a pothole and you would feel if the car exploded.
Anyhow
The quote is around 8K to replace the suspension, rims and wheels.
I’m actually better off getting a new 08 if I can find any with xDrive.

I’m just surprised about the resale value I got from the dealer & this is the part I was looking for help with.
Your dealer is selling you a load of BS

BMW DOES NOT on any model include a sport suspension with the XI. It is not possible and does not exist in ANY market. The only difference is the Wheels, tires, seats and steering wheel on s ZSP equipped car. That is it, nothing more. They are not being honest or do not know what they are talking about. The easiest/cheapest way to improve handling with your car is to buy a set of after-market wheels with standard/ NON-RunFlat tires. The rough ride is caused by your car having 18 Runflat tires, that is it. Put on some 16 " or 17" wheels with pilot sports etc. and that is the best it will get.

The 2009 will NOT improve the ride quality at all. You are looking at maybe 2-3k at most to do the wheel tire swap, and they need not be BMW wheels per se, just buy a quality product.