View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #98
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
I think it's great Tony is stepping up to the plate. I also think it's too late for the N54 market now that FFTEC/Vishnu have the single turbo kit. I understand a few people still think it's too much money and still have hopes of a twin upgrade that can provide 600 whp, but honestly I feel Tony and Rob should focus on the N55 market and provide an upgrade to bring the N55 back into the game. I know it's hard for most people to understand the difference a big single offers over the upgraded twins, but I've been in two different single upgrade cars and I can tell you first hand that 500 ftlbs to redline and an extra 150 rwhp at 7000 rpm is playing in a whole new dimension... it's stupid fast. Good luck Tony... Good competition drives R&D and we all like new options and new toys, and I'm sure the N55 community would love to see some new R&D as well.
I agree that the N55 needs some attention, but I don't agree that the N54 platform is finished. There really is only a few options. I also love cars with big singles on them, I have owned quite a few of them They are FUNNNN. But 2 Garrett GTX units properly sized for each bank would be a different animal. I plan on proving this, just got to get these hybrids fully done and I can focus on that.
Appreciate 0