Firedog335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 E90/335i  [0.00]
H&R sport springs on a 2008 TiAg 335i E90 equipped with sports package

Just had my 2008 335i E90, with the sports package, lowered at Sonic MS today. They installed the H&R sport springs (w/existing shocks) and performed a wheel alignment. I'm pleased with the height, as I was concerned that it wouldn't drop enough, due to the existing sport suspension that came with the vehicle. I was looking to bring the fenders just above the tires. They did just that. About 1/4" to 1/2" above the tire. I have owned vehicles with coilovers and prefer their ride and performance over a spring. However, if price is an issue and your just looking to get rid of that 4 wheel drive look, then you can't beat this spring. IMO, the HR sport spring feels softer than the stock sport package springs. It bounces a little more and doesn't feel aggressive or connected to the road like you'd expect. I have not been able to assess if there's actually an increase in handling ability, but I would imagine there's not. Despite this, I'm pleased with the H&R sport springs. They met my expectations.

Props to Andy and Barrett at Sonic MS. They are attentive to the customers desires and assist you in the decision making process. The quality of work was exceptional and done in a timely manner. They are true professionals. Thanks Andy & Barrett.

Lastly, for those of you who are new to modding your BMW, LIKE ME, are considering the same springs for your ride and want to EYE BALL what your car would look like, I measured an overall lowering height, a hair over 1"I'll post before and after pics in a couple of days, so you can see stock height and H&R sport spring height. Again, my car is an E90 335i equipped with factory sport package/sport suspension. Hope this will help fellow newbies who aren't techs yet.

Last edited by Firedog335i; 03-27-2009 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0