View Single Post
      07-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #690
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Alright alright,

Concerning the android phones, anyone who is running a samsung, Motorola or verizon mutilated ROM may experience problems with connecting it to their car. This is not the phone's problem or a problem with the Android OS per se. Chances are the carrier mutilated Android ROMS are horrible anyway and they may have broken some pieces of the Bluetooth connectivity.

I recently reflashed my G2 with CyanogenMod3. Still works with my 335 like magic!
The "carrier mutilated Android ROM" differs from an unlocked phone in only one key respect - bloatware. All the phone companies install useless applications you can't remove, usually linked to extra cost services. None of that has any impact on bluetooth performance.

As for Samsung and Motorola "mutilating" the ROM, they also add nothing more than additional software. Samsung adds that ridiculous TouchWhiz interface, and Motorola adds what they used to call "motoblur." Again, none of this should impact on Bluetooth.

They may be more basic issues to how various companies implement Bluetooth, what profiles are active, etc.

In any case, I think the bottom line is, proceed with caution if you are going with an Android phone. They are clearly many models that are not compatible.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0