OTN55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fbo e92 n55 335i dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDesign Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
IMO, it would be easier, cheaper, and equally effective to get a CSF or Mishimoto radiator.
I went ahead and priced out the radiator, hoses and necessary hardware at just under $400 which are all new parts, used hoses and a new radiator would be a little bit less. I did explore aftermarket options though for that price I would prefer to have an OEM fit with OEM parts versus an aftermarket solution.

At this point I'm assuming no one has installed this on an N55 e92, I think I may have to go ahead and purchase the kit to see if I can make the hoses connect up without any/much modification. I know the radiator will mount up along with all the other ducting (335IS ducting will be used).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd306 View Post
The BMS one keeps the temps around the same 230ish, but takes longer to warm up the car. The ad-engineering one opens flow to the oil cooler earlier than stock. So, the car warms up normally, but keeps the temps lower.

The difference is 20 degrees. So, if you use the aux cooler with the stock valve nothing will change as the stock valve will close again blocking access to the oil cooler when it cools down. The external one would only help if you force all oil through it.
After checking this out a bit more I'm going to throw one in the car as I think it will definitely compliment the auxiliary radiator. Originally I thought it was a by-pass and not a thermostat, that was one of the main reasons I did not go through with the BMS valve.
wow thats cheap its stupidly expensive here in the uk
Appreciate 0