View Single Post
      11-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #14
nate93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
Sorry, maybe it's my computer but I cannot even tell from this picture if the leak is in the front or the back. It's too dark and too close, mostly too dark
That was my fault. I took a bad image while water was leaking in.

I've taken a new one and circled in red where water leak is when it's outside, and, the area usually gets wet and then slowly dripping. Is this where your leak was also? My car is also 2011 E93.
Name:  IMG_5158.jpg
Views: 10279
Size:  132.2 KB

I also have a few more questions to clarify some of the points you mentioned. These will help me greatly in carrying out this repair.

"To get a better view of exactly where the water entry point was, I removed the front headliner (there's a trick to it - just ask if you want to try). Then I could clearly see that the water was entering behind the seal, not from the seal-to-seal surface. So the seal was actually not faulty."

1. What do you mean by entering behind the seal, like the side where the seal is supposed to be glued to the roof panel or the seal to the windshield panel? Also what do you mean by seal-to-seal?
2. was removing the headliners just for the inspection/diagnosis or a necessary step in replacing the butyl?
3. Did you have to replace the entire butyl or just the affected area like indicate in the picture below?
Name:  DUYwyira.png
Views: 8993
Size:  39.3 KB
4. Did you have the get that measuring tool shown in the picture below or nah? What is the point of the measurement anyways?
Name:  1KgKOlB3.png
Views: 9800
Size:  37.5 KB

I know that's alot of questions, but I hope these will help others E93 in repairing these leaks. Thank you very much for making this post, without you, my E93's roof will be forever leaking, NOW it has a chance of getting fixed!!
Appreciate 1
JVCJr0.00