View Single Post
      02-29-2024, 01:49 PM   #57
noemon
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
No offense but man I'll never understand how some people rationalise the way you do, it's like if you never personally experienced something = fake not true. ???
That is exactly my issue here too, I do not understand Karens and I will never understand the concept of the probability fear factor even though I am a trained mathematician in statistics or rather perhaps because of it.

There is a probability that you will be hit by a car when you cross the street, does that mean you ought to never cross the street? There is a probability lots of things will happen on a track day, do you not track your car? Do you not fly in airplanes? Not swim or boat?

Second, no friend, both the phones and the running engines are myths, real mythology, not reality.

There is no such "probability" of something happening to the gas station if car engines are running, in case you haven't noticed you go there with your engine running and depart with your engine running too, the guy behind you has their engine running as well as the guy in front of you and the guy next to you before using the same pump as you are as well as the guy after him. A pump is actually surrounded at all busy times by engines running. Running engines around gas pumps is what happens 99.9% of the time in a gas station while pumps are actively operating or not.

The operative safety measures of the station are built into the pump and tanks, not on the driver's side. And these safety measures are built with a purpose to withstand scenarios of engines running, cigarettes falling, phones talking, devices operating and even pro-active sabotage with locking mechanisms preventing one from starting a fire even if one tried. In fact, we see gas stations withstanding war, explosives and rockets.

The idea that you the consumer of the gas may be liable for safety in the gas station is another sinister unloading of liability onto the consumer to enhance the fear & stress factor.

Last edited by noemon; 02-29-2024 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
S1nner126.00