View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #98
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
It's mind-blowing to me that gas prices are even brought up. I mean, if you don't drive for a living, why do you care?

If gas went to $8 a gallon tomorrow I would not blink my eyes. I don't care. I need it. I buy it at the price it is. I don't drive any more or less depending on that price. I don't look at the receipt. I have better things to do, like watch paint dry.
Because it's an expense that is for many a required expense. Can't really cut back on the amount of driving because you have to drive to work, go to the grocery store, see a doctor, etc. If that expense goes up, it affects other parts of a person's/family's budget. And with many people on the edge already with their budgets any increase in one expense can have a pretty profound negative affect overall.

For me, I'm fortunate as much of my transportation costs are covered by my company in mileage reimbursements. The vast majority of workers don't have this perk.
Appreciate 0