06-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #71
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
I know you were disappointed with the results, but sometimes alignment can be tricky and takes patients to get it right, that applies to both the technician and customer. This is especially so when the vehicle is lowered and not using an oem alignment settings. We have worked with this shop since day one and fixing an off steering wheel or slight pull has never been an issue when given the chance to do so.

Mounting a new tire shouldn't affect the outcome of the alignment unless the diameter has changed enough to cause a pull. An alignment is not going to fix a tire pull, which may be the problem. The only way to find that out is to switch the tires left to right, which takes time that you didn't have. In addition, there is no caster adjustment on the car and having less caster on the driver's side and more on the passenger side, the car will naturally want to pull to the left.

Why we sublet for a laser alignment? Most if not all wants to see results(numbers) of their alignment and there is no way to do with alignment plates(camber/caster guage) and string method we do at the shop so that method is left for the hardcore track guys and racers who didn't need a print out.

Harold, I agree with you 100% but If I would have known the tire would cause an issue I would have said don't change it and would have replaced both when I got home. I am in no way dissapointed at you guys and your shop I thought it was great. I was just mad that my alignment was off. I did give the keys back to the shop and asked them to fix it. but the guy turned to me and said you have to wait until all the other car are done and it could be a 2-3 hour wait. I drove 3 (1 way) hours to get an alignment and would have been happy if only it where done right. to tell me to wait another 2-3 hours to fix the car... I'm sorry but I'd rather not loose any more money sitting there. it was very hard for me to reschedule clients and work to get to you guys as it is I rescheduled a couple of times with you because of it. I feel normally you get an alginment you wait until it's done drive the car and say ya or nay, in this case the car was aligned parked and waited for the client to get there (me), once I test drove it and said it was off I was put behind the line again... to me I feel I got slapped in the face and was told bad you need wait. This is bad business, or at least I see it that way.

Last edited by jzepeda; 06-24-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0