View Single Post
      07-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #23
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
A pair of 4S are going on the back of my 35i tomorrow £205 each fitted. As its only been 3,800 miles since it last had a 4 wheel Hunter alignment & the cars eaten the passenger side rear inner edge of a perfectly good PSS down to the canvas, they are doing another alignment for free.
I've dropped the car off with them tonight so as they can give all the parts a good squirt of penetrating fluid
If you only had the alignment checked (adjusted?) 3800 miles ago I would be asking why the camber is so far out on one side to kill the tyres unless you remember sliding sideways into something of course!

I would also question the need for penetrating oil after such a short timeframe from the last tweak.

If it were me I'd be tempted to ask for some guarantee that the wheel alignment is not going to scrub another £400 worth of tyres.

It will not be the first time I have heard of some super alignment machine to be giving faulty readings and the mechanic adjusting wheel alignment away from where it should be!
Appreciate 0