07-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #25
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
If you only had the alignment checked (adjusted?) 3800 miles ago I would be asking why the camber is so far out on one side to kill the tyres unless you remember sliding sideways into something of course!

I would also question the need for penetrating oil after such a short timeframe from the last tweak.

If it were me I'd be tempted to ask for some guarantee that the wheel alignment is not going to scrub another £400 worth of tyres.

It will not be the first time I have heard of some super alignment machine to be giving faulty readings and the mechanic adjusting wheel alignment away from where it should be!
It was more convenient for me to drop the car off before they closed, leaving the car with them over night anyways, so it made sense in my mind to ask them to give the adjustable components a dose of penetrating fluid.
Whether or not it did, everything's now adjusted up nicely & the P4S's look very nice.

As for the rear being so far out I know that I haven't slid the wheel into anything, as for the Mrs Chappers...who knows & I've learnt that ignorance is bliss when it comes to how she drives the 35i
It is possible that it wasn't set up that well on the last alignment as I can't find the receipt with the geo results & she picked the car up, the receipt could be anywhere

Anyways I wasn't charged for the geo because it had done so few miles since the last one.
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle

Last edited by Chappers 71; 07-09-2019 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0