Soliditude
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHB335 View Post
Those are definitely some nice numbers.

I've had it now for almost a day. I only had the car for 7 days before I gave it back to them for 8, so my perspective got lost. It felt fast as hell before, feels fast as hell now.

How do I physically confirm that it's installed? They badged it all up under the hood but I still have my doubts when asking someone else to do the work. The exhaust burbles and pops 'a little bit' when downshifting, but it COULD have been doing that before and I just wasnt listening for it - it's fairly discreet from inside the car.

I did check this morning on a cold start, and for at least 30 seconds after it started it still had the left pipe closed. My understanding was that the PPK kept both pipes open all the time, is it different if its a cold start and its warming up?

Any opinions or ideas for verification of a correct install?

Overall I am pretty pleased. I purchased a CPO XI with sport but not the 18 inch wheels, and I got them to put in the oil cooler free of charge so they could install the PPK.

You are practically, but not quite, correct on the left pipe closing with startup. I've checked this: During a morning cold start, the left pipe will remain closed for more than 2-3 minutes, however, when you actually drive and the engine is warmed, it will always be open in any RPMs. Before the PPK, the left pipe opens only during higher revs and higher RPMs (it never opens during startup unless you get PE exhaust), therefore your exhaust note should be noticeably louder after the PPK when driving. Since the second pipe now works all the time, even in slow city driving, the exhaust becomes meaner and deeper. That is one of two ways to confirm the PPK--and the other? It pulls much harded with a lot less throttle lag from a stop. I noticed the increased power right off the bat, and that's how I confirmed it for myself. Enjoy it!

The only problem: If your exhuast is not louder during all driving and you do not feel your car being stronger during all driving, then they did not install the PPK properly. Earlier in this thread, I argued with a guy who did not feel more power with the PPK, and as it turns out, they never upgraded his ECU when he bought it. So this is up to you to confirm.