View Single Post
      05-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #5
WhatDoIPutHere
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paanzerfaust View Post
There's another forum that is better for those high HP build goals than this website but it's censored on here so I can't link it(hint: nickname for BMWs that's pronounced "beamer" + boost .com) if you want more in depth guidance and build feedback, but the people there aren't all quite as friendly as on here and theres a fair share more drama allowed.

That said for 600whp I think you could go either way as long as its a stage 2+ turbo/s setup and you're sticking with e85 blends. I definitely wouldn't expect longevity or anything close to OEM-like reliability (meaning like 30k+ miles) at that power level from the current aftermarket twin turbos though, IDK how the current single sets fair either. It seems to me like most cars running that power level are either track cars or dragy/vbox cars and normally have kinks being worked out pretty consistently from what I've read. The stock engine internals will be fine and I believe the AT transmission can handle it too but lots of their posts talk about sorting out one issue or another, maybe that's cause they all want even higher numbers though.
Is see, I know the site you are talking about, and they are not as friendly but very informative. The car is daily driven, I won't be gassing it everyday or anything, but I would the power to use every now and then. I guess one way to make it more reliable would be to get stage 3 turbos, but not run them to their max potential? I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck
Appreciate 0