07-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
DBall
ellipses advocate...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
As an update, a whirring sound started coming from the car last week (sounded like one of those siren whistles we used to buy as kids) every time I revved (even at low speeds). After that it slipped out of gear a few more times and then on Saturday, it slipped out and the transmission didn't seem to catch about 3 times. Turning it off and on would allow it to move for a little bit, but then it would stop working again, the yellow gear icon would fire, and I'd have to 'reboot the car'. Also, the SES light came on and indicated codes p17e5 and p17e1. I couldn't get my laptop to connect with the ODBII port (there are tons of directions to do it, but it wouldn't quite work).

Luckily, the closest parking lot to where I realized my car wasn't safe to try driving anywhere else turned out to be Impact Auto... a place that fixes European cars that I didn't know existed on a street I've never driven down before.

They are going to run the diagnostics and report back... I'll let you know what happens from there. I'm just hoping it isn't the transmission...
Appreciate 0