View Single Post
      03-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #4684
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I'm looking forward to reviews on this mirrorless X-T1 body from Fujifilm. It's the first (and currently only) body on the market that will make use of the new UHS-II SD cards that write at 250Mb/s. It has built-in focus peaking and an EVF. The specs claim 8fps, but don't say whether that's RAW or JPEG. I love the dials on top. Check out the top view. You can dial in ISO, SS, and (drumroll please) +/- EV. Very cool. With focus peaking and dial in settings, this camera is tailor made for manual focus lenses.
Up until very recently i was shopping around for used x-e1s because they've plummetted in value, since the x-e2 and x-t1s. the EVF on it is serious business. I rented one and its miles ahead of my x100's evf (though the x100s should be better). But i really only wanted it for the 35mm f1.4 (50mm equiv). But now that theyre creating a teleconverter for that focal length i'm just going to get that for my x100.

I was watching the digitalrev review of it and the EVF on the x-t1 looks like it's very well thought out. EVFs have a lot less lag than they used to and look great with their new high res screens. The really tempting thing about the whole x mount system is their selection of very high quality primes that aren't ridiculously expensive. I mean the equivalent 85mm 1.2 lens is "only" about a grand, for a prime like that, that price is a steal brand new.
Appreciate 0