View Single Post
      06-18-2021, 08:48 PM   #1
Benniese90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i e90

HEEEEEEELP PUUUHHLEEEEZZE N55 down

I am really scratching my head on this one so I am reaching out to better minds to crowdsource this problem. God help me.

Car: 2011 bmw e93 n55 2 door convertible
Software I have: Schwaben Foxwell and BMW Standard Tools, and am in the process of downloading and installing ista+ and istaP

Brief history...

......car was having issue with cylinder 6 misfire causing it to go into partial shutoff limpmode anytime you tried to go faster than about 50 mph.

multiple misfires, cylinder 6 misfire codes, reduced engine output

replaced coils, plugs, battery, starter, alternator, maf sensor, cleaned vanos, still the same issue.

Then pulled injectors. Had alot of carbon build up on them. Carefully cleaned them with injector cleaner, installed new teflon gaskets and reinstalled injectors.

Crank but no start. Then battery began draining. Then suspected fuel flow issues as I couldnt get the fuel pumps to turn on with the foxwell tool when before it would turn the pumps on no problem.

Troubleshooted my but off with every sensor, removed battery then removed ecu harnesses and checked every wire for continuity from ecu harness connector to the injectors coils etc. all good, cleaned all connectors and contacts then charged battery and tried it.

Very very hard to start, idles at about 500rpm, engine shuts down cylinder 1 and 6, engine shakes violently, exhaust sounds bad like it wants to backfire, flooring the gas pedal and the rpms wont go over 4k, when i put it in gear it doesnt even have enough power to pull itself up a hill although on a flat surface it will move, multiple codes and errors. Sometimes the codes are different and sometimes they stay the same.

Here are the most recent codes that are staying the same....
2d43/present Valvetronic, adjustment range: fault range check
2dd6/present Valvetronic servomotor, position sensors: short circuit or line break (open circuit)
2ee0/present combustion misfiring, several cylinders: fuel injection deactivation
2ef4/present combustion misfiring, cylinder 6: fuel injection deactivation
2ee4/present ...........cylinder 1........

I have seen some crazy codes on inpa but i believe they were dye to the battery deep discharge because once i charged the battery those codes never came back.

A couple of times i saw a code for the hpfp but no code for it now.

i have checked every fuse and relay. They are good.

I suspect the fuel pump control module, the low pressure fuel pump, the high pressure fuel pump, the fuel pressure sensors, the injectors, the valvetronic motor and I especially suspect the devil so the next time i go out there im taking a candle a cross and some holy water. SOP(standard operating prayers) are not enough. As these parts are pretty expensive id like to pin it down before i go replacing anything else.

I have many many screenshots of inpa running and inpa codes but not sure what anyone would need to get a better diagnosis. I am doing the ista+ installation right now so as soon as i get that going i will run whatever diagnostics it has on it.

please note that i cannot get the valvetronic motor to reset or relearn. but even if it was flat dead i should still have power right?

ANY IDEAS? i feel like its something simple that im overlooking.
Appreciate 0