View Single Post
      11-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #109
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
Well, yesterday I was monitoring the "pintle position" pin on the EGR valve to see if the valve was staying closed even when the DDE was calling for it to be open.

Couldn't find something like this for our valve, and our pinout isn't quite the same, but this shows what the 5 pins on the electronic EGR do/are for.

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_eg...gr_valve_1.php

Unfortunately, the indication from this measurement is that the EGR is not coded out, and is still operating as it was stock. However, because the throttle valve is fully open all the time, there will still be less exhaust fumes going back into the engine due to less suction caused by having the throttle partially closed (previously the throttle would close some to help increase EGR flow when EGR % was increased).

This is a little disappointing since I was told it would be coded out. Still waiting for Stan to respond to these latest measurements of the EGR behavior.
Well, basically he thought it should've been turned off... He suggested trying to physically blank the EGR and was positive it won't throw any codes. So, today I fabed a quick and dirty block off plate (was almost going to try using a blank or reduced opening where the cooler connects to the EGR input as shown in the upper left ... but decided to just make a plate instead).

My replacement accelerator pedal should be here tomorrow sometime so then I'll hopefully be able get the car up and running and see what happens...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0