View Single Post
      06-06-2018, 03:57 AM   #221
2011335xi6MTMsportE90
Rep
Drives: 2011 335iXdrive 6MT MSport E90

Update: ended up going to a shop and had both bushings pressed out and installed for only $150. I spent 3 days fighting with this and many trips to home depot and oreilly's for tools. I'm all for doing things myself but in this case wish I had just gone to the shop first. That experience has made me rethink diying the rear subframe bushings... back to the powerflex bushings, they are amazing!! I think this will be my favorite mod. Steering response is dramatically better. Feels much tighter, bumps actually feel better. They upset the car less and they feel more absorbed. Just a more solid feeling. When making quick maneuvers such as lane changes or avoidong potholes the steering response is linear now without the rubberband delayed feeling of chassis movement. No nvh, no downsides. I'm not sure what the duromoeter of these bushings is, but they're purple if that means anything in the powerflex world. I'm guessing it's a milder flex like 65 or 80. Anyway, these are a nice option for those who don't want to mess with pressing in the strongflex bushings since they are 2 piece albeit a bit more pricey. Also, you can adjust the metal cylinder in the middle to add I think 0.5 degrees of positive caster which I asked the shop to do. I'll have to double check to see if they actually did it, but either way this is a great mod.
Appreciate 0