View Single Post
      06-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #222
kenmar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I spent less than that to install StrongFlex yellows and it only took my shop 45min to do the job. Well worth paying for it to save the anguish that others have encountered. I also didn't want to buy a bigass press just to install them. Along with poly rear upper strut mounts, they make a significant improvement to the floaty XI handling. These two minor mods actually made a more noticeable improvement than when I installed Koni yellows (on OEM springs).

Unfortunately, I do get occasional creaks if I park with the wheels turned which does go away after a few turns. If it gets worse over the next couple of years, I'm going to get new bushings and redo the job but with copper antiseize instead of the supplied lube. I discovered on my VW that copper antiseize works wonders compared to the traditional goo that poly bushing kits come with. It eliminated a persistent cold-weather squeak from my Eibach antiroll bars.

Along with my M3 rear end parts, the XI now handles amazing When I first got my E90, I kept my old E36 around because I actually enjoyed driving it more. With all my suspension changes, I can finally say I now prefer the E90

Last edited by kenmar; 06-07-2018 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 1