View Single Post
      07-26-2018, 03:00 AM   #19
Paanzerfaust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
I just installed Turner Poly 60a Motor Mounts & Rogue engineering Transmission Mounts.

I will of course update this thread once I get 2 to 3,000 miles in when they are broken in.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/e/p...ne-mounts-60a/

http://www.bimmerworld.com/Driveline...SABEgIdcfD_BwE

The car seems more direct and linear under acceleration. The transmission never skips a beat.

There is a noticeable level of NVH at idol while in drive. However, when you accelerate, the NVH is totally non-existent. I don't know if this will minimize a little once the motor & trans mounts are broken in or not. Time will tell.
OP, I've mentioned this in several other threads but I just want to mention it again just in case, as you're the first person I've seen post online in a while about using poly engine mounts.

A local shop has had several poly engine mount sets of differing brands fail on street driven N54s, probably in large part due to the heat produced by the N54. I know the turner mounts have a "casing" around them to help protect them, but I would highly recommend checking on your mounts every once in a while regardless. They told me it got to the point where they won't install poly mounts on any N54 car seeing anything other than strict 1/4 mile duty unless the owner is fully aware of the consequences and super adamant about using poly mounts.

Their suggestion (and one several other knowledgeable people online seem to hold) is that if you're driving on the street at all, stick with OE mounts until we get a feasible all-rubber option unless you're okay with using a solid engine mount on one side like some of the single-turbo kits offer. Judging by the amount of failures of the 034 rubber mounts, I think it's obvious these cars can give engine mounts a beating, and there's probably a reason BMW chose to go with fluid-filled mounts even on the 1M and IS models. Some people are currently trying the revshift motor mounts which come with a heat blanket for the exhaust-side mount, but I'd be hesitant to be a guinea pig on those right now too if you aren't gonna be happy about the damage a failed engine mount can do.