02-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #1518
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neill7 View Post
hey George.

sorry i'm not knowledgeable about any of this tech stuff like everyone else on the site. But i bought an e92 coupe and it's Jet Black. I park outdoors, i have no other option. Living in Florida, with my last car the sun completely baked the paint.

Now that I have a car I care about, is there a way to protect my car from sun baking without covering it everyday and uncovering when I want to drive?
Congrats on the new car! I would just protect each exposed surface as part of a regular detailing schedule. At least 1 - 2 times per year I'd suggest a full detail and in between you can do smaller details to keep the car clean and protected.

I'd suggest a quality sealant for the exterior paint, headlights, glass, coated/smooth trim, wheels, etc. The Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger is a great option that looks amazing on black and protects very well. The paint will oxidize over time and polishing it will be critical to maintaining that fresh and beautiful appearance. The Meguiar's M205 is a nice one step process if interested in doing it by hand. If you want noticeable better results try using both the Meguiar's M105 and M205 with a very safe and easy to use buffer (i.e. Porter Cable 7424 XP). A kit like this would be ideal (DI Packages Porter Cable 7424XP, Meguiar's Polishes and Hydro Pads Basic Kit) as it will restore virtually any paint to like new condition.

For the exterior and interior vinyl, plastic, leather and rubber surfaces I'd highly recommend the 303 303 Aerospace Protectant! It has superior UV protection and when applied nice and light it's a pretty matte finish so it doesn't look or feel greasy. You can also use the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on fabrics if you want to help protect them as well!

If I missed any areas of concern please let me know. I hope this information was helpful and don't forget we offer 10% off to forum members with the code e90post. Take care!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0