View Single Post
      07-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #6
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

As mentioned the BMW resale market has dropped recently, but it is Summer time ... people are busy spending their money on vacations, boats, RV's and the like ... and soon to come back-to-school shopping. Unless you have a convertable, people are not thinking about purchasing cars as much. I regularly track my vehicles resale values (for nothing more than my own curiosity) ... I find early Fall and early-mid Spring to be good times of the year to sell.

Regarding how many miles: 75K or 100K ... it seems that more issues arise in between those mile marks, but that doesn't mean they will.

Since you car is already more than 5 model years old ... mileage comes into play more than year (1 extra year isn't going to make or break your resale). With the low amount of miles you are currently doing ... you really have time to wait a bit. But this is a BMW we're writing about ... with that, an expensive repair can present itself anytime at any mile.

I'd say that the within the next 3k - 5k miles, as a 65k - 67k mile 335 sounds more reliable than a 75k mile 335. Plus some people specifically look for lower mile BMW's so the closer you are to 50k the better ... plus there's a lot more 335's out there with over 75k miles ... so with that, it's best to be lower IMO.
Appreciate 2
Jdub67987.50
BOOF-M34451.50