View Single Post
      10-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
PaKii94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnerg81 View Post
Thought I'd share my media setup in the car. It works really well and is a cheap way to get voice actived Bluetooth. You probably need a phone with a good sized screen.

1) I've got a tune2air bt module plugged into the usb port in the arm rest
2) I've an android phone with the android auto app installed
3) the settings mean the app opens as soon as the phone is connected to the tune2air module
4) using voice commands I can open and navigate Amazon music (or other apps like Google music, Spotify, etc), the radio player app (or tuneinn radio), google maps (and probably Waze) and make calls
5) I can use steering wheel controls to change the volume, skip tracks and answer calls/hang up
6) I'm using an air vent dash mount so I can just clip the phone to the dash instantly with no faffing around. The air vent mount is also "raised" away from the dash so I can mount it centrally on top of the hazard lights meaning I can still operate the hazards if I need to

Can't think of any negatives and total cost was about £85 (might be more expensive now).

I'll post pics later.

That's probably the setup I'd have went for if I didn't have Idrive. I don't like having the wasted space/screen
Appreciate 0