View Single Post
      10-27-2021, 01:09 PM   #16
hanxter7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Question

ok, new dilemma. I charged my battery, now it stays around 12.3 or 12.5. Which I think is good. It stays there even after I disconnect the jumper cables. When it was fully charged, I tried to start the car, it kept revving, but never turned over fully. So I feel like I can rule out the battery being the problem. Now I am left to wonder if it is the alternator or starter. Both of which I have replaced since the car first deadlined about 6 months ago. Now, it should be noted, the car has not been running, or even the ignition turned on since it stopped running. So, don't know if there could be something else going on. Also noted my previous post relating to all of the things I have replaced on here. Now I also accept there is a possibility that one the parts I replaced is in fact defective, though I hope not. I am wondering at this stage though, if it may be the alternator or the starter, which have both been replaced during this down time for the car. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?mad0259:
Appreciate 0