View Single Post
      11-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #2658
BmwFanFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 - 335i - Cobb stg 1

BMW has totally destroyed my enthusiasm for this car. I still like it, but not like before.

I have a few little issues, including likely early HPFP problems (i guess -- on a late Dec 07 build 08), still on pre 29.2 (I presume).

I don't want to get little things fixed or get the service I've paid for, because some twit won't think twice about updating my software. Yes, I can say please don't -- but that still only cuts down the chance.

The cost of this move to BMW is far greater than the savings in repaired parts. I've told at least 20 people who I've driven in my car that its my first and last BMW. I'm going back to Lexus or something else next time.....

I hope a fix will come and these worries will dissipate, but in the meantime, I feel trapped with a pseudo-warranty. If a bulb goes out, a radio gets flakey, etc, all of the sudden the car is neutered.

Aside from that, maybe due to HPFP early stages, the car seems uneven. Some days strong power, butt dyno like I expect, other days its like our minivan (which is quick for a minivan, but not a 335). For the same reasons, I don't dare take it in for service. It may be a flakey temperature sensor, but I don't want to chance NEVER having the power I expect.

Thanks to everyone who has pursued information and fixes and keeping us up to date...

I wish success to all of us
Appreciate 0