Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirophil View Post
BMW

I am French, leaving in France, near German border. This permits opportunity to find beautiful German cars ☺

So that, I bought in Germany an used 335i (model 2007/03) on nov-2009, with 28000kms.
It has already this rattle trouble when I bought it....

I just had my 135i (US specs but I live in Germany) software updated last week. What I noticed is now my car idles smoother AND quieter... but the throttle lag or delay is there now. Before I had very good throttle response and acceleration. Now, the car feels slower to respond to gas pedal inputs. Fuel mileage is about the same as before ~12L/100kph. Top speed is the same on my car 250 kph before and after the SW update.

One of the new things on my car is that my parking lights flash when I unlock the car. Also when I turn off the DSC I have a new icon (see photo I attached).

Name:  IMG_6750.jpg
Views: 1807
Size:  101.6 KB

It feels to me, that the new software BMW has upgraded us to - keeps the wastegates open at idle - when before they were closed(I think). This gets rid of that WG rattle... but also introduces more lag when we step onto the gas pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirophil View Post
BTW : I’d like to tune my car, but it’s quite illegal here.

Well.. it is NOT illegal in Germany. And I have been talking to a tuner I know well. He's shop is in the Black Forrest area (close to France!). 380 PS and over 500Nm of Tq and a top speed of 290-ish kph. N54 Tune - here I come! The tuner's name is Marcel and he also drives an N54 335i. So he is also an enthusiast like us.

http://www.ms-chiptuning.de/

I hate the way my car feels/drives now after the SW update.

Dackel
Appreciate 0