View Single Post
      11-14-2018, 05:22 AM   #4
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

My advice would be to contact your insurance company first and see if this is covered under your comprehensive coverage, which it should be IMO. Second, did you hit the bump with the right wheels of the car? If so then I'd check for wheel damage both front and back. Was it a bump up, or a bump down (i.e. a pothole)?

I think the axle is broken and needs replacement. The inner CV joint is a press fit between the two separated parts, which you'd never just push back together. Whatever force broke the engine mount bracket bolts was enough to break the press-fit between the two parts of the inner CV joint.

The engine mount bracket may also need replacement, I can't see how it is not broken if the lower two bolts snapped. The upper bolts must be snapped too, but if not, then the bracket had to break. The engine is just not meant to move that much beyond the limits of the engine mount and snap bolts, that takes a shitload of force.

Now, where is all the oil coming from and what oil is it, engine or transmission (i.e. the front drive unit)? Was the oil there prior to the incident, or came after the incident. If it came after, then you need to figure out where the source of the leak is.

I think you should have the car evaluated by a professional mechanic (after you contact your insurance company) for other damage and a safety inspection. Here's the parts for the mount:
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0