View Single Post
      01-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #41
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 17 F80 M3 YASSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Ok cool I am just trying to gather more info and I'd prefer it be direct from you so it is correct. This thread is a great idea and will be very helpful.

How does a mail in tune work really. My only other tunes were done on the dyno. I would understand if we had datalogging, but without that what is done, just send you a mod list and make the adjustments needed to accommodate them fairly optimally? For example someone with exhaust A and a stock car would end up with a tune VERY similar to someone with a stock car and exhaust B right? I mean assuming they are similar in size they would have to be close.

I really want to fully understand this process before paying to do it on my own car. I think that is something important to any enthusiast.
You are correct in this sense but not exactly. Not every car as the same software versions so we cant just send out for example a 328 tune or a 330 tune. When Bmw puts out different software versions they move files all around so we need to find each of of them and match them to the tuned file we have.

Hope this helps.