05-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #75
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
Hmmm, I've never experienced that issue personally. Nor has anyone reported any such difficulty in the past.

Based on question #3, something went wrong when you attempted to install the English version of NCS-Expert.

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a long distance household move right now and don't have a lot of spare time for forum activities. So I will have to keep this brief.

The car does not need to be running. Only the ignition needs to be on.

Which cable did you purchase?

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

No. I noticed your post earlier, but had not had an opportunity to respond. Unfortunately, by the time I responded, you had edited your post and removed a bunch of details. From what I recall, you did not install the English version of NCS-Expert or the necessary profiles, maybe more...I also recall you mentioning something about a rar file...

Are you comfortable with Windows command line syntax? (i.e. using the copy command)

Please share more details and I will try to check the forum again later tonight.
This will be long, so please bear with me..

To start off and to answer your question, I don't know anything about Windows command line syntax. I did my best with this install, and with the exception of a few steps, everything went flawlessly and exactly as described on the DIY tutorial. That said, I uninstalled everything and started over from the point at which you install Standard Tools. I also double checked the cable settings in Device Manager, and everything is 100% as prescribed, so no issues there.

BTW: My original post stated I was having issues with the step where you have to copy the group Daten files..i.e. here:

Quote:
Copy the group files from the SP Daten E89 folder to C:\EDIABAS\ECU.
This was my own stupidity, as I still had the Daten folder as a RAR and hadn't unzipped it yet (hope I stated that correctly). Once I did so, all the Exx folders popped up, and I was able to do what I needed with the E89 folder, so no issues there anymore.

Going through the install again, everything went exactly as it should have, until I got to this step:

Quote:
Go to the E89\DATEN directory and execute the LADEN.BAT script.
Before I continue, I want to say that I am not even sure I was executing the commands correctly. I simply copied and pasted what was written in the Code boxes, hit enter, and it typically popped up a confirmation that it was successful (i.e. copying files) just as the Code box said in the thread, so I assume I was doing it correctly? Also, before I continue, I wanted to double check, in this step..

Quote:
Import your daten files into WinKFP using this guide (steps 2-8):
..I used the E89 Daten files opposed to the E60 that the DIY link stated he used, is this correct?

Okay, back on track..so as far as executing the Laden file, the Code provided didn't do anything for me, and in fact made no sense to me (not even sure what it does?) so I went into the folder directly, double clicked the laden file, and a command script box popped up, ran hundreds of lines too quickly to read, then went away. If this is correct, and all I need to do, then I am good to go on this step, but the weird thing is, I didn't get the errors that the DIY stated I should receive. The command script box just came up, ran the lines of code and then went away after 5 or so seconds.

My next issue came at the end on this step:

Quote:
Install the patched 32-bit NCS Expert.
The code provided here was very confusing to me, and caused me issues:

Quote:
rename C:\NCSEXPER\BIN\NCSEXPER.EXE NCSEXPER.OLD
rename C:\NCSEXPER\CFGDAT\NCSEXPER.TXT NCSEXPER.GER
copy NCSEXPER.EXE C:\NCSEXPER\BIN /v
copy NCSEXPER.TXT C:\NCSEXPER\CFGDAT /v
The first line is where my issue with the German version of NCS Expert not working anymore came in. As soon as I copied and pasted that line into the Command script screen, the link stopped working. After running these first two lines, I noticed this issue, so I changed them back (ran the code in reverse) and the original NCS Expert program worked again. The second two lines of code did nothing for me, and I am not sure if they are important steps, but I still have not accomplished them..?

The very next step, regarding copying the NCS Expert PFLs gave me trouble originally, but I got it figured out. Didn't do it with code in the COmmand screen, but I copied and pasted them into the correct folder manually, and the profiles are now popping up on NCS Expert as they should, so we are good there. Also, I took the 32 bit version of NCS Expert and placed it in the main NCS Expert folder in place of the german version, and clicking on the original desktop link pops up the english version and the profiles are all there, so this issue seems to be fixed now.

The very last step I was able to do no problem, it worked for me.

So to recap, everything seems to be installed. INPA works, is in English, and the cable being plugged in illuminates the Ignition and Battery icons. NCS Expert is in English now, and the profiles are showing up. The submenus are also in english thanks to moving the txt file over as stated in one of the links where you download the files earlier on in your DIY. All programs SEEM to be working just fine, but I still cannot read my car.

Below is the error I am getting (this happens after selecting S65 M3 from the Engine menu for my car, and it tries to connect, but fails)..

Here is a screenshot of the driver version installed for my cable

This is a link the cable I purchased..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331749200840...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is a shot of the EDIABAS screen and the INPA screen to show that it is connected and working properly (for what it's worth, I have the EDIABAS screen open in the background, as I know not doing so can cause connectivity issues)

Not really sure where to go from here..everything seems to be installed properly, it just won't connect to my car. The only thing I can think of us that for my car (2011 BMW M3) the cable has to be modded (I've read something about jumping a couple of the terminals with a small wire for certain years?) Or maybe I missed an important step in the process somewhere that isn't allowing INPA to communicate? I'm not sure if I am able to read the car with NCS Expert or any of the other programs. I am not as well versed in them and don't want to take a chance of doing damage to the ECU w/ NCS Expert by not knowing what I am doing.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 0