11-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #36
justrokkit
Private
Rep
Drives: SGM E91 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterh View Post
Someone told me to check out this thread for 328i vs 328xi

I live in seattle but will move to LA soon. I've been looking for a wagon for couple months all over the country. I found one recently with every options but it's 328xi.

It's justifiable to get xi if I am going to stay here but.....
(I was around Tacoma area on I-5 today. That highway has puddles all over. It was ridiculous)
It's really hard to find either 328i or 328xi with sports package and NO Tan interior....

I felt 328xi drives kind of like Crossover. It sits little high so it was comfortable enough on rough roads and bumps. I didn't have to turn my steering to drive diagonally so it won't scrape the bumper.

So I think if I want to drive around the city on rough roads, xi should do better for comfort driving but 328i is obviously more fun around canyons for spirited driving? (but you also mentioned xi can attack the corner faster...lol)

Just curious do you work on other guys cars in your garage for $? If I pick up this car, it will need some maintenance like fluid changes.

here is the car I am looking at. I will probably offer $9k since I will have to do 100k maintenance on my own.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...392465478.html
If you already have a relocation to LA firmly planned, I'd personally try to find a RWD (which would probably take a little time) and keep whatever I have for the winter.

Even here in NY, I wish I was able to find an RWD. The AWD is probably essential for getting out of a snow drift, but if you're a patient, smart, responsible driver and have a set of snow tires (which you should always have above the salt belt), then the difference in winter performance should be rather negligible.
Appreciate 0