09-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #69
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Guys I think we should all take it easy.

Remember WE as the community are the ones who will also benefit from this. If he can produce a product that pushes the limits of the platform and helps create a competitive (read cost friendly) environment it's all fine by me.

By having so much negativity being directed towards him already how do you think he feels about pursuing this project and doing business in the future with the n54 community?

Constructive feedback and technical discussion is always great, but some posts are straight out filled with negativity (even some hate/jealousy). Let's provide all the feedback and info we can and hope that it leads to the production of a great product for all of us.

Some members had decent success with "stage 1" type upgrades over the stockers and with a wastegate solution they will have even more potential and it's POSSIBLE that we might be able to hold more power until redline. Now I know that the exhaust side is the biggest restriction on these turbos and upping boost at redline just creates backpressure and heat, but at the same time a clipped turbine in theory will provide better flow at our bottleneck point. Now HOW MUCH better is what remains to be seen, but with a clipped turbine helping with flow and possibly a wastegate solution I do see where these turbos will have their place in the market and there is potential for good gains in the midrange and hopefully better power upto redline.

Beyond that anybody who blew their stockers, why not pick up a set of stage 1's for a GREAT price and have some benefits from the purchase as well?

I'm just trying to stay positive here... stage 1 leads to stage 2.... which will eventually lead to stage 3 and that's what most of us here have been waiting for, for a longggg longgg time.
hate to state the obvious ...but the only person who wouldn't benefit from this is Rob Beck...hence the offensive/negative stance he has taken. for the community (end user, non-vendor folks)...this could be a great addition to the community. with that many years of turbo experience behind them....looking forward to seeing what Vargas can come up with. competition is competition.....we saw the same thing happen between Wagner and Helix when Wagner released their fmic...Helix jumped all over them.

ps Admins.........please get Tony(VargasTurbos) vendor status....i refuse to go to the "other" site but will if that's the only place i can get updates on Tony's project.

Last edited by import36; 09-07-2012 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Admins....get VargasTurbos vendor status......stat!
Appreciate 0